Loan Application Timed out

View Tag Cloud
    Apprentice
    I completed a loan application that was accepted after the hard check/search was done. I was contemplating for a short moment and considering my options when the application timed out. Most other lenders or banks will let you continue from the point the page times out or where you left the application, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Tesco.
    Can someone explain why this is?

I have already sent a private message, but an actual explanation would be useful considering the fact that this issue seems to be a question that is asked often on here and other forums online, and there's absolutely no indication during the application process that this is something that could potentially happen.

Had I known before I started my application I honestly would not have bothered at all. Once a decision is made I cannot understand why an email isn't sent that confirms the Application ID so we can continue with the application online in the event that it times out.

tldr - Why are we not able to continue an application after the page times out without having to jump through hoops?
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Botana Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear of this experience you had applying for a loan. I understand it's frustrating when it times out and you can't resume the application and have passed your comments on as feedback.

I've replied to your private messages and hope you get it all sorted.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Apprentice
    @Botana Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear of this experience you had applying for a loan. I understand it's frustrating when it times out and you can't resume the application and have passed your comments on as feedback.

I've replied to your private messages and hope you get it all sorted.

Thank you Chris.
    I appreciate all the hard work you and the wider customer service teams do so I hope my rant is not taken badly. My gripe is nothing more than a first world problem.

I will follow the steps outlined in the message you sent, many thanks again.
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @Botana 😊

Thank you for such lovely feedback, it always makes us smile when we hear how much our customers appreciate us 😊 please don't worry, we definitely didn't think you were ranting and we're always here to resolve any queries you have so don't ever hesitate to get in touch!

Please come back and let us know how you get on with the steps from @ChristopherP 😊