Wanting to cancel Home insurance

How do I go about cancelling my policy? It auto renewed,and not impressed that when I went on compare sites I could have got exactly the same cover and policy through Tesco again but £80 cheaper than my renewal amount you quoted me in renewal invite I have tried ringing customer services, and as other people have found its a joke trying to get through. So how do I contact them to cancel policy during cooling off period. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that! We have been extremely busy recently due to the current situation, apologies you haven't managed to reach our team.

Occasionally you can see cheaper prices with Tesco Bank online, this is due to an online discount and different underwriters quoting. Normally we can match this price, but as the policy has already renewed, you'd need to get in touch with our Home Insurance team. I'm afraid we are unable to cancel this for you here. They're available on 0345 246 2904 (Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm, Sat: 9am - 2pm).

If you don't want to call again, you can also write to us at Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB Tesco Bank Customer Service, P O Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT. Please include your policy number, DOB, address and a signature if you are writing. Sorry I couldn't help further here - Christina