On-line banking and community frustrations 2cba.

Thanks for your patience guys. I feel better now. You can delete the posts or leave them. The telephone only aproach makes me feel Tesco isn't really looking for feedback. ...The post near Nicks G's about several people who were complaining they became members of this community without them knowing how it happened and now despite their best efforts they cannot find a way to delete themselves from the community and are asking for help. The answer apparently is that only a Tesco 'Mod' or 'admin' can do that. All this has not impressed me at all with the design that Tesco deploys. Anyway back to the start. I will have another go in the morning to pay off my Tesco credit card account if I haven't done so already despite the site hanging. This mild rant is here as a record for Tesco that I did try and no doubt, if they need to, their logs will confirm it. Off to bed. Oh! Not so easy. Clicked post and got a ‘an unexpected error has occurred’. OK I’ll try again. This time I get. 'Please complete the highlighted fields •Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)’ That’s an hour. I’ve not been here an hour and I’ve only clicked submit twice. Try in the morning. Not impressed at all. I did try this morning as you see. Posting my gripe in multiple sections and removing the URL that was to the book on user interface best practice - 'don't make me think by Steve Krug' fixed the problem. Cheers Have a nice day.
  • 2 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi 

I'm sorry you've found the Community experience so frustrating. It's certainly not our intention. I have read Steve Krug's book and agree web sites should be easy to use. I get as frustrated as the next person when something seems to block your actions. You might be happy to hear that we are making some improvements to the look and feel of this Community and hope to get those live some time next month.

We're not a telephone-only operation - we man most of the social channels (Twitter, Facebook etc) and have invested in providing a Community so we can have deeper conversations with our customers.

We absolutely want your feedback. And we want that to be as public and transparent as possible.

URLs are allowed in posts so I'm not sure why that would have caused you an issue posting. I will take an action to check the error message you were getting as I've never heard of that before.

In terms of posting there's a nice big "New Post" button in each board, or a "Reply" button against each post to allow people to contribute.

NickG's post doesn't disappear once you've posted. It's in the "Let's Get Started" board which is near the top of the homepage - here's the URL: https://community.tescobank.com/t5/Let-s-Get-Started/bd-p/brd-1

The detail he includes says: "Visit the board you want to add your post to e.g. Day-to-Day Banking, click the ‘New Post’ button and a couple of boxes will appear." Once you make a "post" it's referred to as a "Topic" by the platform - so perhaps that's where some of the confusion came from.

I'm surprised people have joined the Community in error and I did ask on that thread you mention what they thought they were signing up to - but only one person responded to me. If I knew then I might be able to make some improvements in terms of better signposting as to what they're signing up to. You're right, only Admins/Mods can remove users, but this is the way the platform works, it's not something in our (Tesco) control.

We have not been aware of any Online Banking performance issues on the evening of the 16th - I take it from your post that you are going to attempt it again via Online Banking. Please let us know here if that has worked for you or not.

I appreciate your patience and perseverance - and am glad you have come to the Community to let us know exactly how you feel. :smileyhappy:

Look forward to hearing from you, Jamie.
    Former Community Manager
     there was a time-out limit set when editing a post to 5mins - I have increased this to 1 hour.

The other error message you got was in response to "Submit" being hit multiple times - which you probably did in frustration! The system takes this action as SPAM and blocks any further posts for 3600 seconds i.e. 1 hour.

Looks like you got caught in this situation and tried to keep posting within that hour, which the system wouldn't allow you to do.