Internet saver access

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I opened an online saver account 10 days ago and deposited funds.

Last week, I had an emergency arise and needed to access some funds. After a day of setting up linked accounts, trying to transfer funds, etc., my account was blocked.

I spoke with a customer service advisor who confirmed the block, ran through thorough security checks and advised I could access funds within 20 minutes.

A few hours later I tried to access funds and was advised the transfer hadn't gone through and to try again.

After calling, waiting, and being transferred, I finally spoke to another adviser who confirmed a new account letter hadn't been triggered. As that hadn't been sent out, signed, and returned, my account was blocked. They would send a letter out to set me up; having advised them of the need to access my account, I was permitted, on that occasion, to have the requested sum transferred to my linked account. )How kind to let me access my own money after their discrepancy!)

I received the letter a week after the account was opened, and whilst a 2nd class envelope was provided, I returned my signed form by 1st class registered.

How long between receipt of a signed letter and having access to my account? I am advised I have £xxx balance, and £xxx available, but I can't access my funds.

Rather frustrated with the length of time taken and the service provided. I also set up home insurance, and considering cancelling both. Although, I doubt Tesco would cry in their soup over it. And, to close an online saver account, your balance must be £0 with any funds transferred beforehand. Which U can't do

I just want to have access to my funds!
    Last edited by dmd75; 02-10-23 at 13:02. Reason: Spelling
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hey @dmd75, thanks for getting in touch 🙂 Apologies for the delay. I'm sorry to hear this happened when you opened up a new savings account. Have you since been able to access your funds?