Loan application vanished and second one has stalled !!

Hello all Really struggling with a loan application. Submitted a loan application on the Tesco Bank website on the 25th Oct. Application was accepted and I read that documents would be sent to me in the next 5 days. I rang up Tesco bank today (28th Oct) to check when the paperwork would arrive as I need to close a purchase and was told that the loan application I made on the 25th was not on the system. Its as if I never made the application which is frustrating. I never took a note of the application number as I expected an email to be send with the details on, but Tesco bank dont do that. I was advised to make another application which I've just done and now have the message that someone will be in touch in the next 2 days. I suspected that this is because I have a Hard Search registered on my credit file from the first application so checked on Totally Money and sure enough, I've got a search registered but its from the Skipton Building Society (Who I've never even heard of!) and not Tesco Bank. Do I just sit here and wait or give up and apply elsewhere after raising a dispute about the hard search on my credit file ?Has anyone else had a loan application just disappear ? I know my memory isn't what it was but I know that I made the first application and it was accepted.... Thanks all Stu
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi , I'm really sorry to hear about that!

If you could please sent us a private message to and confirm your full name, DOB and postcode then we'll certainly look into this further for you - Michelle
    thank you so much. All sorted now. Might have helped of my dob was correct. ?
    Employee
    I'm glad you got it sorted! Please let us know if you need anything else.
    Hi, I am having the same problem. I applied for a loan yeasterday and told I would hear something within 24hours with a text message. I didn’t note down the application number as I too thought I would at least get an email with the information and now I have no way of checking it’s progress. I am also wondering if it even went through like it said it had.
    Employee
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We don't send out any email confirmations to say that we've received your application. If you would like us to provide you with an update, please message us with your full name, DOB postcode, the amount you applied for and the purpose. When sending over your personal details can you please include spaces like this 1 1 2 2 3 3.