Unsuccessful re-installation of Tesco Mobile Banking App

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I installed the app successfully on my Sony Xperia Compact X and my fingerprint got me into the app ok for a few times. And then it didn't, so I used my password. It didn't like that (grumpy face). Password was OK when I signed in on my laptop. I changed my password - still ok on the laptop, but not on the app.

Called Tesco about the issue when I was not able to authorise an online payment using the mobile app. I was advised to uninstall the app and reinstall. I'm now getting the message from Playstore that my device is incompatible with the app. It's running on Android 8.0.0.

I've remove the Playstore cache and uninstalled Playstore updates. Still getting the same incompatibility message.

So looks like I can't authorise online payments if I use my Tesco Credit Card.

Is this a known problem and is there a work-round?
    Last edited by Mart94; 19-05-23 at 12:17. Reason: Incomplete title
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Mart94 Hey, did you get this sorted? It sounds like the device you're using is no longer compatible with the app. If this is the case, you won't be able to access it and will need to use online banking.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!