cash transfer from credit card to my bank account

Over 5 days ago I made an on-line cash transfer from my Tesco Credit Card to my Bank. I received an email from Tesco almost straight away saying that the transfer had gone through. The sum was charged to my Tesco Credit Card together with a fee. However the money has not been received by my Bank. The transfer was made on 25 Oct 16. I have contacted my Bank several times and they conirm that the money has not arrived and is not pending. I keep phone the call centre who keep telling me the money has been sent but clearly it has not. I am calling from Portugal and have speny almost £20 on wasted calls to the call centre. I would like to know why this money is not in my Bank Account. Also if a transfer does not complete then the money is returned to the sender in this case Tesco Bank. This has not happened. So my Credit Card has been charged for the sum involved and my Bank has not received the money. Can anyone offer any help please as we are very distressed about this situation.
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi ,
    I’m really sorry to hear about the delay you’ve experienced with your money transfer and the stress this has caused. I’d like to look into this further for you to see what’s going on as it should have done by now.
    Please send a private message to  with your name, DOB and postcode so I can investigate this delay.
    Former Community Manager
     make sure you leave a space between the details of the DOB and postcode i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system.
    Hello Thanks for the reply. I do not quite understand how to give my DOB and Postcode as you put 3 sets of letters and numbers. Also I am living in Portugal so do you want my Portuguese Post Code? This is only numbers. I see that if I send the wrong information it will be deleted from the system. Should I send it through this sort of message rather than a secure one? I have just had my broadband and landline connected here in Portugal. I have just checked my Bank Account and the money has not gone through. Sorry for my anxiety but we are so very worried about this. Many Thanks Mr D S Bailey
    Employee
    Apologies, it looks like Jamie has included the instructions for including your mobile number so I'm sorry if this was unclear. If you follow the instructions noted above for DOB and postcode we can look into this further - we would need the postcode that is noted on your account with us.
    The information would only be removed if it is demed as sensitive data which you might not want on the publich forum, such as your postcode and this is why we ask that you send it with the spaces in between.
    It should be safe enough for you to send these via The Community as we would not discuss account specific information which would put your account details at risk.

We'll hopefully here from you soon - Adam