Cheque still has not cleared.

I handed it in to a Tesco Store on Saturday. 4 working days have passed and it still has not cleared.
  • 5 Replies

Former Community Manager
    I'm sorry to hear that , can you give us a call on the number above so we can look into this further?
    Just to let you guys know. I paid a cheque in on Saturday the 2nd at Tesco Extra Dunfermline. This should have been expected to clear in 4 working day which should have been cleared by the Friday the 8th December. When I called on the 8th to Tesco Bank I was advised it would clear on the 14th and the funds would be available on the 15th to spend. I wasn't in need of the funds however promptly raised a complaint. They advised me it's 4 working days from when the Cash Office in Tesco Extra sends it to the processing center then when it's received at the processing center it takes 4 working days from then. Funnily enough when I complained it was passed from manager to manager and cleared for me later that day. It helps when you've previously worked within Tesco Bank current accounts. 4 working days is actually about 8-10 working days with Tesco Bank. Top tip. If you have another bank account. Cash it in within that one.
    Cheques paid in six days ago, still not cleared. Not good enough
    wrote:

Cheques will normally show in your account two working days after you deposited it.

The funds will be cleared and available to withdraw after four working days.

The problem being though is that there is no way to directly deposit a cheque with Tesco. You can send it to the processing centre and once there and processed it will then and only then take 4 working days to process. If you hand it to a store that can take it, it then depends on when the cheque is sent to the cash office. Then the cash office has to send it to the processing centre. The delivery timescale is not given for this it's just when they can be bothered by the sounds of it and then and only then will it be processed.

You are looking at more like 8-10 working day.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi and , I'm sorry to hear that. I've contacted our payments team for guidance on this and will respond to you once they've came back to me.