Why am I not able to cancel a renewal policy online before the start date?

I'm wondering why I was never sent a renewal reminder for my home insurance and why I'm unable to cancel the renewal online? I've tried twice to call through on my lunch break while at work but have been placed on hold in a que, once yesterday and then again today and ended up hanging up due to it starting to eat into my work time. I was calling to find out the exact date when the policy ends and what the renewal cost was for the new one.

Unfortunately when I got home from work late tonight so was unable to try to call though again.
    I log on to my account to find out my policy is set to automatically renew. I never authorise this for any of my insurance policies due to the ridiculous increases and I can always get the same or a better price by shopping around. So I thought I would at least be able to cancel and find a better deal but to my surprise this is not possible. As I thought the renew policy has increased quite a bit. I've had a quick look on the comparison websites and for the same cover with tesco is coming out cheaper that what I paid last year.

I want to cancel the auto renewal policy if you are unwilling to offer me the better price.

Regards
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear about that. We can cancel your renewal for you on this channel if you could please send a private message to Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB, postcode and policy number - Caroline
    Hi I want to cancel my home insurance renewal online but never used this board before so unsure how to do, thanks
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your Home Insurance renewal and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to assist you with this and confirm its been completed.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode, along with your policy number.
    Once this has been completed to your satisfaction please 'Accept as Solution' to close down.
    Warm wishes, Caz