Covid - 19 Loan Payment Break

Good afternoon,I emailed my form on 08/04/2020 @06:38am and to date not heard anything back apart from the automated email confirming my form was received and you will be in contact as quickly as you can.Bit confused over the "cancel" direct debit instruction I've been reading online as within the email under the heading for "Loan Payment Break" it doesn't mention anything about cancelling the direct debit that is only stated within the instructions for "Credit Card payment break"Please confirm what the actual guidance is once a form has been submitted and you've received the automated email. Kind regards
  • 6 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi there, If you have received an automatic reply to your payment delay request, there is no need to contact us. We will be back in touch when your payment break has been applied and this will be backdated to the date we received your email - Keigan
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 06-01-21 at 12:41. Reason: process
    Hi I applied for a loan payment break, had the automated response on 14th april. My loan payment was taken on 23rd april from my Tesco bank account. Do I ask for that to be returned or will it allow 3 payments from may to be held? Bit confused whether to contact tesco bank or not?
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I've now replied to your private message.
    Hi i cancelled mine and my husband direct debit for the loan payments as instructed back in March i have ignored the reminder letters as instructed and have now seen you have marked my May payment as missed which has affected my credit rating , which Tesco said it would not do i am furious and can’t get an answer from anyone , even via private message. other members should be warned about this i have now missed the 3 payments so what now? Do I set up the direct debit again? Do you? It is due to be taken in the next few days so someone needs to contact me!
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm sorry to hear this is causing you stress having done what you were instructed to do but leaving you with so many unanswered questions and I hope I can help.Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' asking for urgent contact, from here so this can be checked out for you as soon as possible and you can get some clarification. Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'Create New Message'. Complete it and send your message securely. Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode. Hope this helps! Take care and warm wishes. 25H
    Eagle eye
    Hi , sorry for the delay but we have now replied to your private message.