Easyjet Flight Refund

Community superstar
    Having waited for my refund from Easyjet for the flight they cancelled when lockdown began.Recently they'd only offered me a flight change which I did not want.However all flight operators have been ordered to refund flights within 7 days. Low & behold I got an email to request my refund, that was 5 days ago, they've told me its been credited to my Tesco card today. So I'll wait over night to see it appear. Don't think it'll be long before I'll have spent it!!
  • 5 Replies

Above and beyond
    Thanks for this information 25H, no doubt i'll be dealing with Easyjet with exactly the same issue come July !
    Community superstar
    Hi Checked my Tesco credt card account this morning & the money's back in there.I did learn this morning that easyjet are going to offer another option instead of paying money back to their customers.They're going to offer everyone another flight instead of refunding you & if the new flight is more expensive they're NOT going to ask for the difference in £'s as they were doing. They'll issue a code that would be input when booking the new flight.My flight was inexpensive so I would've benefitted from the new scheme, too late now though for me
    Above and beyond
    Well 25H, thanks for the update, I do like the sound of the latest offer ! will definitely be look into that. A major headache for me will be trying to sort out the accommodation and car rental refunds, they were booked using my Tesco Clubcard Credit Card. The payments had to be made in Euros, so they incurred foreign exchange fees. I will ask Tesco Bank if they will refund the fees due to holiday cancellation, but don't hold out much hope, who knows ! ?
    Community superstar
    Sounds like you're going to have your hands full.Of course with you paying in euro's you'll probably lose out with the exchange rate too.It looked like Easyjet didn't want to pay the money back & there's also the time involved so by offering new flights at no extra costs will be attractiv to many.Have a nice day & stay safe.
    Window shopper
    Thats great news, I had bought a £13 flight from Bodrum, Turkey-they of course cancelled-I rebooked, but of course there was nothing similar in price, so had to pay extra and from an airport 12 hours from the original departure point. Lets hope they survive so people can benefit from this positive change of heart