Payment unsuccessful . check your debit card

I have tried to pay my Visa bill as I have always done for years online. I tried yesterday and again today, everything is OK, the OTP works sucessfully them I get them message "Sorry your payment hasn't been authorised. Please check your Debit card details and try again, or contact your debit card provider". This has happened with 2 different Bank debit cards, I know I have enough funds to cover the payment so why is it failing? It must be a fault with Tesco? 2 Banks can't be wrong. I've checked the details etc. Also the OTP takes a very long time to come through so I press "resend". Is there a fault. I can't keep trying what if I can't pay my balance in time because of this you'll charge me interest and that's not fair.
  • 9 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear you're unable to pay your Visa bill.
    I've had the message 'Sorry your payment hasn't been authorised' when I've tried to pay more than the outstanding balance shown despite the amount adding up to my payment amount with pending payments.
    The best thing to do is to send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can check this out for you and provide an appropriate explanation.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Warm wishes, Caz

• Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    I would recommend that you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can check this out and resolve.
    Please Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.
    You will receive a reply to your private message .
    Best wishes, Chris,
  • Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi At anytime from Tesco online you can make payments from your chosen bank by clicking onto make a debit card payment, then make any payment amount under 'other amount'. If this is done before 6pm it takes 24 hours or 48 hours if after 6pm not including the w/e.Alternatively you can pay direct by using Tesco Bank's sort code, Tesco Bank's a/c no and your card details and pay them that way. Login to Tesco Bank, scroll down and there's Transactions / Statements. Click onto statements and find a monthly statement, click on the statement, it will open up on a new page, scroll down and you'll see a payment slip with Tesco's sort code and a/c number. This is what you'll need to instruct your bank to pay along with your credit card number.If I can assist you further please contact me.Caz
    In addition to the helpful advice provided above would you be interested in setting up Faster Payments for your account with your current account provider? That way you'd be able to log in with them and send a payment that way and it's usually credited to your credit card far quicker than using the debit card method.
    Hi, thanks. Yes I pay other cards via Direct payment from my Bank account. If the online banking is not working then I can pay direct. What details do I need Tesco Bank account etc?
    Hi. thanks. Yes that's a good alternative I'll probably use. But I'm puzzled why for 3 days my cards don't work any more to pay online? Is the Tesco Website got a problem.
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I use the online banking, I've logged my bank details in and I have no problem.
    I feel you need the Tesco Bank team to look into this for you.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode, along with details of your enquiry.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Hope they can answer your query.

Caz

I am having the same problem, did you manage to pay?
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear this.

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out for you and an appropriate response can be provided.

Caz