Credit Cards

How do I manage my credit card spending alerts?
To manage your alerts, log in to Online Banking, click on your credit card and then select 'Manage Alerts' from the drop...
How do I cancel a recurring payment?
In most cases you should be able to cancel the subscription or recurring payment by asking the company to stop it. You can...
Can I change my payment date on my credit card?
Providing you are the primary card holder, you can change your payment date by calling our Customer Service Team on 0345...
If I already have a Tesco Credit Card, can I apply for another one?
Yes, you can hold up to 2 Tesco Bank Credit Cards. You can apply for a second card if you haven't applied for a Tesco Bank...
I want to cancel or amend my direct debit
Amendments
To amend your direct debit you can do this through Online Banking or our Mobile Banking App. You can amend...
What is a Late Payment fee?
We’re doing everything we can to help and support customers who have been affected by COVID-19. Read our latest customer...
What types of alerts can I receive for my credit card?
If you are registered for Online Banking you’ll be able to receive the following alerts:

Account alerts - when...
What is a Money Transfer Credit Card?
A Money Transfer Credit Card allows you to directly transfer money from your credit card to any bank account giving you...
How often will I receive a Tesco Bank Credit Card statement?
As long as there's activity on your account you'll receive a statement once every month. We also send an annual statement...
How long does the Tesco Bank Credit Card online application process take?
You can apply online and get a decision for a Tesco Credit Card in under 10 minutes. For security reasons, there is a 10...