I have been paid gross but I should have paid tax. How do I ensure I am being taxed correctly?

You should contact your own Tax Office for advice.
Banks are no longer required to deduct tax from the interest you have earned, unless we are required to do so in specific circumstances prescribed by law. Learn more.
Please note that you may still be liable to pay tax on the interest you have earned. If you need more information on tax or tax exemptions please contact HMRC.
If you are unsure about whether you can claim tax back, please contact your tax office for information or visit the HMRC website at: https://www.gov.uk/apply-tax-free-interest-on-savings.
Was this article useful?