Home Insurance

How do I get a Home Insurance quote?
You can get a quote by selecting the red ‘Get a Quote’ button on the Tesco Home Insurance website. Our online...
Why are you unable to offer me a Home Insurance quote?
There are a number of reasons why we are sometimes unable to give a customer a quote. These can include the type of property,...
How do I add buildings/ contents to my policy?
You can add either buildings or contents to your policy 24 hours a day through Your Insurance Account.
If you are...
How long is my quote valid for?
Although we can quote for policies up to 30 days in advance or until the start date of the quote, we can only ensure the...
Do you cover my child whilst they are away from home at university?
Tesco Bank Home Insurance will pay up to £5,000 for loss or damage to contents belonging to you or a member of your family...
Are my pipes or underground services covered?
You’re covered for the cost of accidental damage to services, pipes and cables which you're responsible for and provide...
Do I need authorisation before I proceed with repairs or replacement
Yes, you’ll need to speak to the claims team before you incur any costs or proceed with repairs or replacement of your...
Who will you appoint to assess my claim?
We may pass your claim to our nominated suppliers, who will assist us and you in settling the claim. These may include:...
What happens if my situation changes?
You'll need to let us know about any changes that could affect your cover. Some examples of what changes you’ll need to...
What is matching of items?
If you make a claim for any damaged item that forms part of a matching set or suite (such as matching flooring, tiles, bathroom...