If you need your mobile covered for accidental damage when at home, you would need to add personal possessions cover (which includes cover for items away from the home) or add accidental damage to cover your mobiles in the home only.
You can add accidental damage to your policy via Your Insurance Account, which is available 24 hours a day. There will be no fee for making a change to your policy (when accepted via Your Insurance Account), but there will be an increase in premium for adding this to your policy.
- Once you log in, select the relevant policy
- Click on Make Changes fon the home page
- Click Amend contents cover from the drop down menu
- Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click Confirm
- Click Yes under the question Would you like to add accidental damage cover? then scroll down and click continue
- You will then be presented with the cost to make the change and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy whilst making the change
- If you're happy and want to go ahead, click Go to checkout. If you do not want to go ahead, click Back to your account
If you do not want go ahead and need some time to think about the quote, this will be stored and can be accessed via Your saved change quotes on your account page.
You can also find more information on our Home Insurance pages on our website. Exclusions and limitations apply, for full details of the cover provided please see your Policy Booklet.