With Tesco Bank Home Insurance, what am I covered for under buildings and contents?

Your cover will depend on which policy you have. You can view your level of cover by logging into Your Insurance Account and viewing your policy documents.

Contents - Contents cover protects the belongings you have in and around your home, the things you take with you when you move home – up to a maximum £100,000. If you are an existing customer your contents cover limit will be detailed on your Policy Schedule. Tesco Bank Contents Insurance includes:

  • Cover for your contents against theft, fire, flood and storm
  • Cover for your contents when moving home
  • Alternative accommodation and storage
  • 24 hour Household Emergency Helpline (for Tesco Underwriting Finest policies only)
  • Options to extend your cover for an additional premium, like cover for personal possessions or extended accidental damage
  • Option to specify your high value items for cover away from the home

- Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, including drives and any outbuildings, as well as fixtures and fittings - these are things you don't take with you when you move home. Tesco Bank Buildings Insurance covers the rebuild cost of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Value and Standard policies provide cover for up to £1million and all other polices provide unlimited cover.

All our policies include cover for alternative accommodation and rent – the limits of this cover vary depending on the policy you hold. Exclusions and limitations apply, for full details of the cover provided please see your Policy Booklet.
Was this article useful?