With Tesco Bank Home Insurance, what am I covered for under buildings and contents?

Your cover will depend on which policy you have. Check your level of cover by logging in to Your Insurance Account and looking at your policy documents.


Contents cover protects the belongings you have in and around your home. Your maximum cover depends on what your policy number starts with:

- TI – contents covered up to £100,000
- QH – contents covered up to £75,000

If you’re an existing customer, your contents cover limits are detailed on your Policy Schedule. Tesco Bank Contents Insurance includes:

- Cover against theft, fire, flood, and storm
- Cover when moving home
- Alternative accommodation and storage
- 24-hour Household Emergency Helpline (for Tesco Underwriting Finest policies only)

You can also extend your coverage for an added premium. This includes:

- Cover for personal possessions
- Extended accidental damage cover
- Cover for items away from the home.


Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, including drives and any outbuildings. It also covers all your fixtures and fittings. Our buildings insurance also covers rebuild costs if your home gets damaged or destroyed.

All our policies include cover for alternative accommodation and rent. The limits of this cover vary depending on the policy you hold. Exclusions and limitations apply – for full details, see your Policy Booklet.
Was this article useful?