I’m moving from a house to a flat, why have you declined to cover me?

If you have a combined Buildings & Contents policy and are moving from a house to a flat, you will not be able to process this change via Your Insurance Account. This is because we need to establish whether the cover still meets your needs.

In most cases, your cover may need to be reduced to a Contents only policy. This is because there is often no requirement for Buildings cover when in a flat, although this can vary in Scotland due to different regulations.

Should you need to change your address or have questions on reducing cover, please contact us to discuss further.
Was this article useful?