Where is "Manage Renewal" option in home insurance online account

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi,
    When I set-up Tesco home insurance, using the online application process, there was an auto-renewal checkbox, which was pre-selected.
    I deselected this.
    There was also a statement saying the applicant could alter the setting, via their online account at a later date if required.

So no problem I thought.

However, neither my policy confirmation email, nor the online account set up, has any indication of the current auto-renewal status. So I can't verify that it has been recorded correctly.

Also contrary to what the application process stated and also what Tescos' home insurance help docs currently state:
    "Don’t forget you can opt out of automatic renewal at any time. Simply log in to 'Your Insurance Account' and click Manage Renewal, or just give us a call. "

There is no "Manage Renewal" option available.

Now I've months until my policy expires, so this isn't an issue at the moment but not being able to confirm the auto-renewal status, concerns me.

Can someone from Tescos insurance confirm, which of the following is the case:

1) The application form and current help text are simply incomplete/inaccurate, because the "Manage Renewal" only becomes available, once within 21 days of policy expiration. If this is the case, can you get the wording updated to explain this to applicants please.

2) A "Manage Renewal" option is only available, if you left auto-renewal selected when applying. If this is the case, what if someone changes their mind and wants to switch on auto-renewal?

3) There is no "Manage Renewal" option and the customer just has to hope their deselection of the auto-renewal, was recorded accurately at point of application In which case the application form and help are deliberately misleading.

Cheers in anticipation of your response.
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. The 'view renewal' option will appear when you're within the renewal cycle (28 days prior to renewal). If you wish to opt out of auto-renew we can arrange that for you here if you send us a private message.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @OctaviusAce Very surprised to see no-one has replied to help you. The "Manage Renewal" option is there but, consistent with many of Tesco's forms and pages, its not immediately evident... you have to dig for it! In your Policy Account page, there is an option to "Make Changes". Bizarrly you have to opt to make some changes (even if you have no intention of doing so) whence, lo and behold, you will find the "Manage Renewal" option where your renewal status is shown.
    Fresh Eyes
    @OctaviusAce
    Thank you for finding and replying to this after such a long time! :-)
    Weirdly, I happened upon exactly what you describe very recently, as I set a reminder on my phone to check up on this, as my insurance renewal date approached.

My plan was to cancel my debit card and stop an auto-renewal if I couldn't confirm the "no auto-renewal" setting. An extreme plan I admit.

It is amazing how poor the user experience can be with what are quite large companies.
    I think it's because they assume they know best and don't bother testing with real end users.

Thanks for finding the time to reply, much appreciated "DIY Dave"