OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Just looking
    I have the same problem. Neither the recently introduced .QIF or the .csv downloads are giving transactions after the 6 of November. Its a bit frustrating after waiting quite a while for qif to be reinstated. Other banks don't seem to have a problem with this - come on Tesco.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Uptonm01, sorry about this. We are looking into this issue just now and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.
    Former Community Manager
    Hey all, thanks for making us aware of this. We successfully deployed a fix at the weekend and transactions should now be displaying as normal. If anyone’s transactions are not displaying correctly can you please send me a private message to investigate?
    On the look out
    Ive logged on today and low and behold, QIF is now one of the options for downloading transactions !!!!!
    Former Community Manager
    Ive logged on today and low and behold, QIF is now one of the options for downloading transactions !!!!!

Hi, we deployed a fix for this on the 26/11, so you will now be able to download in QIF format again.
    Eagle eye
    Congratulations to Tesco for reinstating QIF download! However, this was the smaller of the two problems introduced by the platform change - and one which was easy to work around thanks to the enormously helpful conversion utility provided by a member of this forum. The bigger problem is that you can STILL not download the set of transactions corresponding to a monthly statement! You have to f*rt around using Notepad to manually find and strip out all transactions before and after the statement you are reconciling. What a pain in the a**e!!! Come on Tesco get your act together - what do you think the point is of downloading transactions? How are we supposed to avoid duplicates?????
    Last edited by BrynClarke; 14-01-22 at 18:11. Reason: typo
    Window shopper
    Hi @Ronski, I'm really sorry but we don't have any plans to bring this back. Due to recent updates to our online banking platform we're no longer able to support these formats. Apologies that my colleague has provided the wrong information when you called. We'll feed back all comments received on this thread to our team to review moving forward.

Well it seems your colleague was correct, just logged in to download my statements, not that I use the account much these days, and the option to download a QIF file is back.

So I thought I'd come here and say thank you for reinstating this, all we need now is to be able select the period, rather than the last 90 days worth. Importing 90 days worth of transactions into MS Money means going through and tidying them up every time, or editing the QIF file prior to importing.

If it wasn't for the 90 days worth of transactions I'd switch my spending back to the Tesco card.

Perhaps someone could feed this back to the web team - need the option to select the period to download please.

Thanks.
    Window shopper
    Hi @Ronski, I'm really sorry but we don't have any plans to bring this back. Due to recent updates to our online banking platform we're no longer able to support these formats. Apologies that my colleague has provided the wrong information when you called. We'll feed back all comments received on this thread to our team to review moving forward.

This is appalling. You have taken away a facility used by many, as part of a planned update, but you did not tell anyone that you were going to do this. People are complaining, but you hid this reply from them. You really are useless conniving sh*ts. Time to switch credit card suppliers.