Paid the wrong account

Fresh Eyes
    I have two ‘Tesco’ payment options on my banking app (non-Tesco) - one is the DD account for my Tesco credit card (40-02-50 31342339) and the other is the payment account for my Tesco credit card (40-64-15 31310006). Both ‘work’ as the DD pays £25 automatically every month and then I pay the difference manually.

Last month I paid the ‘manual’ amount to the wrong account (the DD sort code etc). It did not appear on my credit card statement as a payment. How do I get this payment returned to me by Tesco? I have paid it out ok but it hasn’t registered as having been paid off the credit card.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hey @Starbarsdad, sorry to hear this. Please give our Credit Cards team a call on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they will be able to sort this out. However, our Customer Service Centre has been impacted by COVID 19 and as a result, some of our services are closed from 5pm until 8am. I hope this helps!
    Fresh Eyes
    @JoeC thanks Joe. Tesco saying they didn’t receive it and advising me to go through my own bank for it. How Tesco didn’t receive money paid to ‘Tesco’ is beyond me. But sure.