Why we never shop at Tesco Groceries

View Tag Cloud
    Apprentice
    In short Clubcard Issues: we used to shop regularly at Tescos but no more.

I can list the clubcards on my account but when my coupons arrive in the post I no longer possess the physical card relating to the last four card digits on the coupon. Why does this matter? The app requires one to verify the clubcard by inserting a succession of digits from the full card number. No physical card no activation of the card on the app.

When Tesco shopping we use a card with a number listed under our respective accounts, only one of these cards do we physically posses. The till does not recognise the coupon. We both have cards and our accounts are linked but we cannot see the card linkage under either card login.

Clubcard admin refuses to delete the clubcards that we no longer physically possess nor will they send a replacement card for a listed one not in physical possession.

If we cannot cash coupons then Tesco is being disingenuous so we use our Tesco credit card to shop at Sainsbury or indeed anywhere but Tesco 😕
    Last edited by Mister; 13-12-22 at 21:09. Reason: Grammar
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Staff
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Mister, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm afraid we only deal with banking queries on this site. If you contact our Clubcard team directly, they'll do all they can to help with this. I've linked their contact details below.

Contact Us | Help & Support | Tesco UK
    Apprentice
    Hi @Mister, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm afraid we only deal with banking queries on this site. If you contact our Clubcard team directly, they'll do all they can to help with this. I've linked their contact details below.

Contact Us | Help & Support | Tesco UK

Huh! The online internet saver is not banking then which is strange because I have to login to internet banking to access it. Going forward from your controversial reply, the banking app has another feature: the account balance does not appear alongside the transaction.

When can we expect to see the account balance alonside the transaction in the app.