Askmid Database

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I took out a policy and have my confirmation email etc but as yet the Motor Insurance Database has not been updated. Is it safe for me to drive or must I wait? Quick update. Called today and after a lengthy wait I was informed by my customer service advisor who had allegedly asked his manager, this process can take up to two weeks. These details should be updated with immediate effect once the policy has been approved. Failure to do so leaves the Insured Party at risk of being stopped by Road Traffic and Local Police. I’ll allow this policy to run but would strongly urge anyone seeking a Tesco Car Insurance policy to rethink their choice of providers.
    Last edited by Richardcoombes4; 03-01-23 at 15:20. Reason: Update
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Morning @Richardcoombes4 😊

Thanks for your question.

Your insurance is valid from midnight on the date you choose the cover to begin, if you're insuring a vehicle on the same day as taking out the policy, then your insurance is valid as soon as the payment is taken.

We notify the MIB immediately however we cannot influence how long it takes them to update the database. Your certificate of motor insurance, which is available to download from Your Insurance Account, confirms the exact date and time that your vehicle is insured from.

Thanks