Cancel a payment to illegitimate site

Fresh Eyes
    How do I cancel a pending transaction which I now believe to be an illegitimate site?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Administrator
    Verified Answer
    Good morning, I'm sorry to hear you are in this situation.

I'm afraid that we can't cancel a transaction once it has been approved. In order for you to cancel a pending transaction, we advise that you must try to contact the company and inform them that you no longer wish for their goods/services.

I appreciate that you have doubts about the legitimacy of the company, which could make it more difficult for you to reach them. However, be mindful that you have protections on your credit card via the chargeback process, so if the company do not provide the goods or services you paid for, you can click here to find all of the information you need to raise a chargeback claim.

If you are uncomfortable with this merchant handling your card details, you can always change your card number for your own peace of mind via reporting the card as lost/stolen on the mobile app, via online banking, or by giving us a call on 0345 300 4278. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any further questions. 😊