How do I activate non-app transaction approval?

Just looking
    I've used the Tescobank app for years without a problem. Suddenly, my phone isn't new enough for it, so the app stopped working, is no longer available for me to download (I just get a message saying not available for my device).

So, this isn't a big problem, I can use the website to do everything I need...but...it now seems that online transactions require approval via the app (which I don't have), and I can see no other option/method to authorise. This will probably mean I don't use my Tesco card anymore, as other cards I have still allow their app to work on my phone.

However, if there is a way I can activate an alternative method to authorise online transactions, like being sent a code or something, I would be happy to use that. I just don't know how to make this happen.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    @quicklyman Hey. Thank you for your query.

I'm sorry our app is no longer supported on your device. If you are no longer able to use the app for authorising online payments you can contact our Credit Card department on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 4pm). Our team will be able to revert your authorisation to text message as an alternative option.

I hope this helps😃
    Just looking
    Joanne-D thanks, yes, that's exactly what I needed to know.