insuring a learner driver

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Today I have tried to add my 17 year old son as a learner driver to my car insurance. I was quoted £2200. Can this be right? He is still learning to drive so will be with a qualified driver at all times. I was expecting to pay this when he passed but not when he's still learning. Does anyone else have experience with this or any tips on what I can do as £2k seems excessive.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @sazza Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

This sounds like it could be right, I'm afraid. Provided you've double checked all the information you've entered and made sure you've inputted his provisional licence details then it would be the cheapest price we could offer for a permanent change.

You do have the option of adding him as a temporary driver for up to a maximum of 30 days. This might be handy if he would like to get more practice in before a test and the cost won't be as high.

If you'd like a quote on a temporary change then please call the Car Insurance team on 0345 246 2895 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm) and they'll be happy to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!