What types of alerts can I receive for my credit card?

If you are registered for Online Banking you’ll be able to receive the following alerts:

Account alerts - when you update your details such as address or mobile phone number, and to confirm any actions or preference changes on your account such as switching off receiving paper statements. If you receive an alert and you didn't update or make any changes, please call us immediately on 0345 300 4278*. If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, contact us through Relay UK. Just add 18001 to the start of any contact numbers. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Fraud alerts - we’ll notify you if we notice suspicious activity on your account.

Statement alerts - we’ll notify you when your new monthly statement is ready for you to view in Online Banking or within the Mobile App.

You can also get alerts for your credit card spending. You can choose to set up and manage the following alerts in Online Banking and select to receive them by email, text or both:

Balance alerts - receive a notification when your account goes above, within or below an amount that you’ve set up.

Going over your credit limit - receive a notification to let you know when you’re reaching or have gone over your credit limit.

Payment due - set up a reminder to receive a notification before your payment is due. You can choose how many days before your payment you’d like to receive your notification.

Account and fraud alerts are sent automatically. To find out how to set up and manage your credit card spending alerts please view:

How do I manage my credit card spending alerts?

Calls may be recorded. *This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
Was this article useful?