Working for Tesco and Car Insurance

Supervisor
    Hello Tesco Bank, In a couple of months' time my car insurance is due for renewal and looking around my current provider is going to be considerably dearer when the policy is up. I believe Tesco colleagues can get staff discount when they take out Car Insurance with Tesco Bank but as I work (a lot) of nights if I phone the team up nearer the time would they be able to price me a quote? Not only that if I'm off work one night and my car is parked at home and something happens would my policy cover that? Thank you for your patience :-)
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hey !

As you're a staff member you certainly will get a discount on any car insurance policy you take out with this - this is guaranteed to be at least 10%, but you also get your Clubcard discount on top of this.

From what you've mentioned, it sounds as though the car will be kept at work overnight, is that correct? If so, then we can still provide a quote for this. We would note the address the car is registered to on the policy, but would also take your works postcode so we have on file that you will be keeping the car there. Essentially the address that the car is kept at overnight the majority of the time is the one that would mostly impact the premium.
    As we're taking a note of both addresses, you don't have anything to worry about should anything happen on the occasion that the car is parked at your home address (hopefully this never occurs, of course!), as you will still be covered for this. Once you let the advisor you speak with know that this is the case, we can put a note on your policy as well so we'll always have access to the information.

I hope this helps, and we can give you a quote 30 days in advance of your renewal date :)
  • Verified Answer

Supervisor
    Verified Answer
    Hello Adam, Sorry for the delay in replying to you! I use my Clubcard regularly so hopefully it'd be nearer 30% but any form of discount is always a bonus!! My car would be kept at work overnight (underground car park) for the majority of the time and at my home address during the day. My insurance is due for renewal in August so will be in touch with one of the team nearer the time to find out more. Thank you for your help!