One Time Passcode log-in issue

Helper
    This OTP code requirement is farcical. Three times yesterday and again today I tried to log in to my credit card account but the promised OTP code was never received. I tried switching my mobile off and on (as recommended) without any improvement. I tried again today but was equally unsuccessful. I had the same experience trying to log in to my mobile phone account. This is a complete waste of time when other security information is held and should be used to confirm the elligibility of your log in. I will certainly not phone and ask for an OTP code that will be sent in the post. I have already cancelled my Tesco credit card to close the account as soon as possible and will now look for an alternative mobile phone provider that is much more user friendly. In my opinion, Tesco has deteriorated dramatically in the last year.
  • 11 Replies

• Verified Answer

Helper
    Verified Answer
    I don't know if it is possible to delete a post on this subject but I want to take the opportunity to apologise to Tesco about my OTP problem. For several days I have not received the code despite numerous attempts to log in to my account. Today, I discovered that there was a "block" on certain SMS on my phone. SInce removing the block the OTP code came through promptly. My sincere apologies to Tesco and to anyone who may have read my original complaint.
    Former Community Manager
    Thanks for your comments 

I think this highlights 2 interesting things: how clearly emotive and frustrating it is dealing with all of this log-in and security and passwords and passcodes, and the growing complexity of figuring out the root cause of our tech issues!
    I could not agree more. I would use more Tesco financial products but in the 5 years my wife and I have held CC each time we try to log on we get the *computer not recognised* Trouble is we live in a lousy mobile phone reception area so the OTP texts are hit and miss some times they arrive but mainly they only show up days after when its no good. Was informed by one Tesco Techie that it was because I used Chrome as my default browser. Changed to I.Explorer guess what its just the some. Come Tesco if you want to retain or even attract business judging by the coverage this issue has received you should have got your finger out and cured this one years ago. Perhaps we are just playing at being a bank so can't be bothered to pay any attention to customers gripes W.Kerr
    Employee
    Hi@Goody

First of all welcome and thanks for your contribution.

Sorry you’ve had problems receiving your access codes due to poor reception. We do have a mobile app that is available for Android and Apple devices which you may find beneficial as once this is initially set up you can access your account without continually sending for access codes. The initial set up does require a one time access code, therefore if you decide to try this maybe best to download when you are in a better reception area. I have included a link which gives more details about the app.

http://www.tescobank.com/online-bank...obile-app.html

I appreciate that the service you have received so far has not met your expectations and I can log your comments as feedback should you wish me to do so.

Hope this helps,

Margaret – Customer Care

I continually have this issue of being asked to enter a one time access code despite using the same laptop and also trying all the common browsers. It is extremely frustrating and I too do not receive the codes when they tell me they have been sent. I am seriously thinking of quitting Tesco credfit card as this continual problem is ridiculous.
    Several related/unrelated issues?I tried 4 times this morning to log on with a secure code via my land line - it did not work at all.My land line rang immediately each time, but then there was total silence aprt from a few crackles on the line, until the voice announced "the other person has cleared". Then I found this community which required me to register - why - why do my Tesco bank credentials not work.Anyway, I registered and was then told that an email wold be sent and I would not be able to do anything until I clicked on a link in that emaiI. Email never arrived - tried 4 times "send new email" - 4 times no email came. Will be interesting to see if this gets posted as I have never clicked on any link!
    Hi im glad you solved the issue, I am new to tesco banking and just wondered if you could share the solution as I am having the same problem. Was it a matter that your phone service provider assisted with or just a change in your phones settings? Thanks
    Former Community Manager
    Good question - I can see there is an option to manage blocked numbers on an iPhone (but these are just ones I've added myself - cold callers etc). But I reckon you need to go to your phone provider. Anyone else know?
    Does anyone know how to find you passcode on your payslip as im been having trouble trying to find it ?