Minimum Payment for credit card

Hi,I got a new credit card this month and payment due date is 28 Sep 2015. As of today I have done some spendings on the card and today i checked my online statement and saw that Payment due date28 Sep 2015 Minimum payment due£0.00 Balance from previous statement£0.00 Payment made since previous statement£0.00 New transactions and adjustments£0.00 Statement balance£0.00 So do I have to make any payment by 28 Sep 2015 or should I pay only by 28th of next month i.e 28 Oct 2015 ThanksSourav
  • 3 Replies

From what you have given above there is no payment to be made this month (28th of September). wrote:
    Hi,I got a new credit card this month and payment due date is 28 Sep 2015. As of today I have done some spendings on the card and today i checked my online statement and saw that Payment due date28 Sep 2015 Minimum payment due£0.00 Balance from previous statement£0.00 Payment made since previous statement£0.00 New transactions and adjustments£0.00 Statement balance£0.00 So do I have to make any payment by 28 Sep 2015 or should I pay only by 28th of next month i.e 28 Oct 2015 ThanksSourav
    It looks like, from what you have posted, that the spending you have done so far was after the statement was created and so won't show on a statement until October in which case the minimum payment for your spending so far will be due in October.
    I got this card on 8th of september and first due date is 28th of sep. Just to make sure that I dont have to make any payment by 28.9.15. And as I understand the first statement would be produced on 28.9.15 and I have to pay it by 28.10.15. Please tell me if this is correct
    Employee
    Hi

That's correct, if your minimum payment shows as £0.00, you are not required to make a payment, even if the payment date shows as 28th September. Based on the info you've given your first payment will be due around the 28th Oct unless you have not used the card, in which case your minimum payment would still be nil in October too nd no payment would be required then either.

Hope this helps

Steven