The Great Outdoors

Your Community Expert
    Being stuck inside for the best part of a year has really made me appreciate the amazing natural scenery of our islands much more than I did before. Whether it’s imposing hills and mountains, picturesque sandy beaches, or just the stroll to the local shops on a sunny day, it’s never a bad thing to take a moment to appreciate what we have around us.

Some views just need captured as photographs though. Here’s a photo I took on my trip to the (very grey but still striking) Loch Lee in Cairngorms National Park in the north of Scotland in August last year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	community off topic great outdoors.jpg 
Views:	7145 
Size:	890.8 KB 
ID:	120

Believe it or not, this actually constitutes a summer’s day up here…

It would be great to see everybody’s photos of the sights they’ve seen when out and about, or even just to hear some stories about these adventures, no matter how big or small. Please share these in the replies below 😊
  • 5 Replies

Former Community Manager
    I have a week off coming up and we are planning some walks! Will post some pics when I am back. You need to keep us updated on some of your adventures @JoeC
    On the look out
    I'm lucky, I have a fairly large garden which I have been gradually shaping into the way that I want and enabling me to manage it later in life. I have constructed several raised beds and am now laying a path which is proving to be a bit of a challenge due to the sloping nature of the garden but by taking my time, I have achieved a fairly flat and even path. I'm now gradually moving vegetable plants grown from seed out into their growing space for the summer so lockdown has not been too much of a challenge for me. That said, I am looking forward to several trips out in my caravan during the coming summer as I've missed that.
    Your Community Expert
    Hey @pegerton that's great that you've had that project to work on to pass the time during lockdown and get your garden looking good for the future! Please keep us updated on your travels in your caravan! 😃
    @RossM, I'll definitely keep everyone posted when I start venturing out further from home!
    Former Community Manager
    Had any other adventures @JoeC ? Keen to see pics :)
    On the look out
    Hey @pegerton that's great that you've had that project to work on to pass the time during lockdown and get your garden looking good for the future! Please keep us updated on your travels in your caravan! 😃
    @RossM, I'll definitely keep everyone posted when I start venturing out further from home!
    Been down to Kent on a farm near Tenterden, and I'm off to Exmoor to another farm this coming week though we are using the caravan as a base to attend a family interment at a Exmoor Church and following wake. Be nice to see folk we haven't seen for a while.