could anyone help?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a query please. I may seem thick asking this but I haven't been very well lately so my brain is a little frazzled. When you pay your insurance every month am I right in thinking you are paying for the next month in advance, ie. You pay your insurance on the 1st October. Meaning that payment covers the whole of October. Or do you pay for the month that has just been ie. You pay 1st of October for the month of September? There is a reason I am asking this so I really do hope people don't think I'm being totally thick, like I said u haven't been well so I can't think for the life of me.
    Very much appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

Hi Sipson77,

Thank you for your post.

It all depends on what date your policy started and when the first payment was taken out.

For example, policy starts on the 5th October but you want the payments to come out on the 1st of each month. This means the 1st payment will not come out until the 1st November.

Without looking at your policy and direct debit payments I am unable to give you information on your account.

If you give us a call on 0345 246 2904 for Home Insurance and 0345 246 2895 for Car Insurance then we can access your policy and answer your question.

Thanks

Marc

Customer Care