Speaking to underwriters

After telephoning Tesco car insurance this morning to advise them of my new address I was horrified to hear they was going to charge me £50!!! I asked why and they said my new address was rated higher than my old address *********THIS IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT THE CASE ********* my old address was always rated higher than my new address areamy partner rang his insurers and was told by his insurers there would be a substantial refund after giving the exact same information as I had given!!! I have tried to telephone Tesco Bank car insurance but THERE IS NO ONE THERE WHO CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!!!! It appears Tesco's do not employ people who can answer questions!!!!!! It it also appears that Tesco's do not have email addresses!!!!! Does anyone one know of the name and email address of the person ( there must be one surely) to whom I can write to to enable me to get correct information
  • 5 Replies

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you are unhappy with the price charged to change your address.

Moving address can result in a change of price as we re-rate the policy on the new details. The additional premium will also include your £20 administration fee.

The way we calculate a price is commercially sensitive and is not something that we share with our customers.

I have passed your comments to the relevant department.

Regards

Marc

Customer Care
    Not a very helpful reply at all !! Having worked in in this industry I do know that the area moved from and to does not warrant an additional premium and more likely to incur a return premium.... This should be checked out thoroughly not just reply by saying the information cannot be given .. How do we know someone hasn't just made an error? It's been known to happen !! More help is is therefore requested ....... Area from B98 to B96 in Worcestershire ..... . PLEASE DO A CHECK WITH UNDERWRITERS before I take this matter to the Ombudsman for clarification
    Hi Pauline,

Sorry you are unhappy with my response.

I am more than happy to check the price of your policy is correct.

Can you please respond to the private message I sent you.

Thanks

Marc

Customer Care
    Hi Pauline,

It was definitely sent earlier. It is showing as unread in my sent items.

I have copied the message and resent it.

If you are unable to locate it, you can just send me a Private Message with your name, policy number and postcode.

Thanks

Marc