Can you drop in to buy euros and Swiss francs without pre ordering?

Hi I want to just get £50's worth of euros and the same in Swiss francs.My local money travel branch is Tesco Burnage south Manchester.Can I just turn up and buy? I tried to order online, but it was like getting a bank loan.........(take passport, proof of address, debit card, etc etc. )I don't need all that hassle.....and debit card I'd use and take to collect money not the same as me as passport holder.....I use my mums, so didn't want to be accused of fraud.Plus it didn't give Burnage as an option, and said I had to trekk 5 miles to Wythenshawe to collect. For such small ammounts can you not just pop into Burnage and collect? Thanks.
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi  and welcome to the Tesco Bank community!

I've checked with my colleagues in our Travel Money department, and they say that you'll be able to go to a store to pick up your euros in-store without having to book online, and you'd only need your passport if you order online and look to collect in-store.

I also checked, and the Burnage Superstore does have a Travel Money Bureau open from 10am - 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10:30 - 4pm on Sundays.

As for the card you use to pay, we would always advise to use your own card, or have the holder of the card with you when you make your purchase.

Thanks for your post!
    Great - thanks. The same for Swiss francs? If I have the pin number and permission to use a card then I will use any card I like when collecting instore.Why do people order online then? Just adds hassle.
    Employee
    Hi ,

The availability of currency can change daily, but you can call the Burnage Superstore on0345 677 9869 between 10am - 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10:30 - 4pm on Sunday, and you can check on what they have in-store.

Online is usually used for larger orders, or if customers want the money to be delivered to their home address.