Internet Saver not permitting money transfer out

I opened an internet saver at the end of October and a month later, this morning, attempted to transfer some of my funds out of it to my nominated bank account (not Tesco). Every time I try it I simply get a message that says the transaction cannot be completed and try again later. After three hours of intermittent attempts I'm starting to think there's a problem somewhere in the system. I know they have to verify my identity before I can effect a transfer, but it's been a whole month and I'm one of those people who should be very easy to verify, having been at the same address for over twenty-five years, on the electoral roll throughout that time, have no credit issues, high credit rating visible on credit systems, etc. etc. So, if they haven't completed their verification yet, it's a pretty poor show. Alternatively, if the problem is with Tesco Internet Banking, why isn't there some mention of this somewhere? And why isn't there an e-mail address that I could send this to, rather than having to telephone, which is not possible for me at the moment? There should be an e-mail contact mechanism, such as secure messaging as I know is operated by some proper (traditional) banks. Is it just me who is suffering this irritation?
  • 3 Replies

Employee

Sorry you're experiencing issues trying to transfer money out of your account. At the moment we don't offer e-mail as a form of communication, if you are still getting the error message when trying to transfer money you will need to contact our savings team on 0345 678 5678 who are open Mon - Fri 8am - 10pm and Sat - Sun 9am - 5pm. They will be able to investigate why this is happening and resolve this for you
    I have recently opened an account and am having the same issue. so over a year later is there an easy fix for this now?
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi if you're having difficulty transferring funds then it's most likely something that has to be checked on your account not an issue with the website. Does the site bring up an error message asking you to contact us or is it a browser error that's popping up?