Re: What is acceptable proof of no claims discount?

Can you please explain what you mean by the proof of NCD can be less than 2 years old? I cancelled my insurance with Tesco Bank in August and due to an accident at work was not able to walk for 3 months. After this period I have tried to get insured with Tesco Bank but as I have a 3 month period where I have not been insured despite the fact that my vehicle has been in a locked garage for the duration of that period I am being informed that my 4 years of NCD is not acceptable. I have spoken to someone yesterday at 16:55 who I explained my unfortunate accident at work to, although helpful and after being told I would be contacted by Tesco Bank by phone I have received an electronic letter and a hard copy by post stating that my NCD proof is not acceptable and my policy will be cancelled in the next 5 days. I have been open and honest about this and at least expected a phone call out of courtesy to say whether they had considered the information given yesterday. I have never had an accident in my 4 years of driving and I do not understand why I cannot be given the courtesy of a phone call. Thank you
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi,

I am sorry you feel this way. You can call our service team on 0345 246 2895 to discuss further.

Thanks Sam.