Debit Card Pre-Payment Authorisation.

On 20th December I made an online purchase for £426.97, the retailer Pre Authorisation my debit card but has not been charged yet. On the 21st December the retailer processed an additional payment of £426.97 which now shows on my bank statement, however the Pre Authorised amount has not been released back into my bank account. I have contacted the retailer who have told me the pre authorised amount will be released whenever back into my bank account. I complained futher and received a call from the retailers head of Customer Services who admitted that something isn't right and that she would call me back today at midday to resolve the issue ........Still waiting for the call and £426.97 mising from my banlk account. Not sure what to do next?
  • 2 Replies

I telephoned Tesco Bank Christmas Eve to what could be done, they informed me that the prre-authorisation is due to expire on Christmas Day, but they will see if it's possible to get the money credited back into my account before Christmas Day and that they will ring me back within the hour to conirm this... I didn't receive a call back and the pre-authorisation is still in Limbo!
    Employee
    Hi 

Thanks for your post. Firstly, I'm really sorry you didn't receive a call back as promised. Have you since checked your account to see if the funds have been returned or heard back from the retailer? I have sent a private message with further information.