Apple Pay for Visa Debit Cards

Not that much of 2016 left - you still sticking with the 'sometime in 2016' line for ApplePay on debit cards?
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. 3 months to go for 2016 and then its 2017. I have to be frank i can't see apple pay coming out anytime soon. The lack of information that has been given out is a joke. Compared to other banks it makes Tesco Bank a joke in itself. I am debating to swtich banks and just close it down all together with a bank i know has fully got apple pay. Come on tescos!
    Don't bother to wait for Tesco... just go ahead and switch banks ... Did the exact same thing months ago and now couldn't be happier. And not only this Apple pay madness is a joke ... the mobile banking app is terrible online banking outdated but you get a nice looking card which is nice
    I believe Tesco has now said that Tesco Visa cards won't be available for Apple Pay.Their suggestion on asking, was to ask for your account to be transferred to a MasterCard, which is indeed Apple Pay ready. I cannot see the Visa Credit Card becoming available on the Tesco branded card if at all, they are not alone, several banks on Visa cards haven't got Apple Pay facility on them, Barclays is one of the few that has, but they did start "Visa" technically with Barclaycard.be careful on moving to another bank, Mastercards seem to virtually all have Apple Pay now, why their is problems on getting similar facilities on Visa cards. If this is an important or required option, then you need to either switch Banks or type of card, Moan all you want on here, but it carries no weight and no promises from Tesco other than it may happen sometime in the future, definitely not 2016 or 2017 after talking with Banking Authorities, so keep current card and use it for purchases over £30.00 or £100.00 if you want the item warranted if a trading partner goes bust. Plenty of cards out there, apply for one that has the facilities you require.
    I have been trying to delete or edit above post, but due to limited time allowed to edit and no delete button.My post has a mixture of Debit and Credit cards details which have got mixed from notes taken, I apologise for possible confusing and incorrect information being posted.
    Former Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for your contribution on this, it's clearly an important area for people. I am working to gather some clear responses to all of this soon.

was it timing out for you when trying to respond?
    Yes unfortunately it timed out so fast you didn't have time to alter more than one word, very strange as it can make a nonsense of a post if you cannot edit it on spotting an error or spelling mistake missed. Definitely set to quick to time out.
    Former Community Manager
    Strange  I've not encountered that myself, and I do deliberate on my responses often! I'll raise it and see what it's set to timeout at, thanks.
    Former Community Manager
     there was a time limit of 5mins to edit a post. I have increased this to 1 hour. Thanks for letting me know as I wasn't impacted by this setting as an Admin user so didn't notice.
    Hey does it really take a week to get an answer to a question which surely would be able to be answered in one email to Benny or any of his FLRs in minutes? It's not like an insignificant product or service more like one of the biggest changes to the banking industry since chip and pin....unless you are holding back as we won't like the answer?