Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Hi As Tesco have just "simplified" the value of clubcard points for their boost program resulting in me losing value in my points I am now trying to decide if its worth keeping my Tesco credit card or moving away to someone else.I have looked at the premium card which provides more points but I still can't see any reference to Android Pay. As its now 2018 and this should be supported please could you tell me when Tesco will finally allow customers to use Android Pay? Thanks Paul
    Employee
    Hi , I'm afraid we don't currently have any plans to support Android Pay, but if we have any updates, we'll post them here first.
    Hi , please could you explain why after so long Tesco is still not supporting Android Pay when a significant number of other banks do? I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to keep my Tesco credit card and I'm afraid this is a big one currently.It makes no sense in 2018 as to why this is not supported today, let alone coming soon (especially as you support Apple Pay) and Tesco have provided no clarity around why is it not supported so I can only assume there has been a back-hander from Apple to support only their platform?
    Employee
    I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to comment further than we already have in this thread . We pass on all the feedback we receive from customers about the services they'd like to receive, and currently we're concentrating on improving Tesco Pay+, our banking app and website. If we have any new features coming in the future, we'll let people on Community know first.
    Your reply infers there has been some clarity that I've missed in this thread, please do point it out if it exists.The fact that there is an 18 page thread from customers asking why you don't support more than 50% of the phones in the UK on its native app for contactless payments suggests the people you are passing the feedback onto aren't really listening. Surely its more cost effective to not waste time on your own app when one has already been produced for you which works. For people with cards across multiple banks using yet another app is impractical.
    Looking at recent reviews for Pay+ it does look like it needs lots of I.T. attention.

However please can we stop suggesting that Pay+ is an alternative to android pay.

Pay+ allows phone payments in ONE store only. Your store. Android pay is a widely accepted standard used by the vast majority of UK phone users.

Pay+ is NOT a replacement for android pay. Unless there are plans to widen its use for all phone payment terminals I don't even see why it's being discussed in this thread ?
    I've just opened a Tesco Current Account to switch from another back. To find out that Tesco don't support Android Pay nearly 2 years after it's launch is very disappointing. I'm now undecided if I'll switch after all.
    Tesco Pay+ is a poor man's contactless payment system. I have to physically unlock my phone and open the app to use it, I don't have to do this with Android Pay, plus I can use it anywhere, not just at Tesco.
    Come on Tesco listen to your existing and new customers.
    ." I have to physically unlock my phone and open the app to use it, I don't have to do this with Android Pay, "

Just for clarification are you saying that you don't have to unlock your phone before using Android Pay?
    As long as I have my finger on the fingerprint scanner I don't have to unlock the phone. It will authorise from my fingerprint.
    Supervisor
    With Google Pay don't you just have to wake the phone for transactions under £30 but for higher value payments use a finger print, passcode, facial/eye/iris recognition or lock screen pattern?