Android Pay / Samsung Pay

I just want to add my +1, I will more likely use my other cards. Though my tesco card being my only credit card I will use it for larger purchases for the protection. To the other people beating on Tescos, are we sure Tescos have a say in the matter? It wouldn't supprise me if Google went with some kind of exclusivity deal, or maybe a phased roll out (thats something they do with their phone updates).
    Supervisor
    It'd be great if Tesco Bank did allow for Android Pay. As someone who has used Tesco Bank on Apple Pay it feels much more secure paying a retailer (be it in bricks & mortar or online via an app).

I do wish Tesco (and that comes from an employee) would install contactless terminals in more stores too.
    Another +1 for android pay for me. Unfortunately none of my cards are contactless at the moment. I was hoping that next tesco card coming soon would be but sounds like that's unlikely.
    I suspect not. I suspect Google transaction fees may be a little unpalatable... particularly given the range of banks not on the launch
    As I understand it google do not charge transaction fees: https://support.google.com/androidpa...88971?hl=en-GB More likely, given some of their previous actions, that Apple have negotiated periods of exclusivity with various institutions.
    it's neither. You're right, Google are not charging but Apple do not have an exclusivity deal with the issuers . Tesco bank need to enroll for Visa's tokenisation service (for their debit card) and the MasterCard equivalent for their credit card. A commercial decision, or, judging by the interest on this thread, a customer service decision. To add to my frustration, the bank I left a couple of months ago do support Android pay, Tesco have a period of time to indicate they will also support it or I'll be making my way back. The only reason I don't go now is that credit searches and new account openings hit your credit rating for a short period of time. Tesco, you need to check out the industry figures for the popularity of contactless/mobile payments, they are taking off astronomically. As a relatively new bank I would have hoped you would be more nimble and customer orientated than some of the others.
    Sorry Tesco, but I'm jumping ship. I'm using the account switching service to move to a bank that supports Android Pay. The non-support of Android Pay is the sole reason I'm leaving Tesco bank. Please feel free to use this post as customer feedback, hopefully then you may support Android pay sooner rather than later. I hope for the others posting on here you make the decision soon. RegardsAndy
    I'm very disappointed that rather than a "We don't support it yet but are listening" it was a solid "We have no plans to support it, but we're listening". They would probably mean the same thing but the way it has been worded really sounds like it's unlikely to happen. Given the reduction in clubcard points I'm also looking at other providers who do support Android Pay on their credit cards as it's so useful and can only use it on my debit card at the moment
    Employee
    I’m sorry the wording suggested that it would be unlikely to happen, we do consider and listen to all customer feedback. We of course want to know how our customers use their accounts and also to make things as easy as possible for them.
    Please can you support either contactless for the credit card or Android pay ASAP (ideally both). If this doesn't happen soon I'll probably look to switch my primary credit card elsewhere wrote:
    Hi We don't currently plan to support Android Pay, however we are always looking at making banking as convenient as possible and we will keep listening to customers to develop the services we offer. We will always let our customers know about our new products and services first – so it is worth keeping an eye on our website.