Telephone wait time

Fresh Eyes
    I needed to contact the helpline service to get authorisation to pay for a longhaul flight. I phoned the premium helpline number and waited 15 minutes without being answered. I lost the flight and now have to pay more to rebook and I will be paying the premium phone line price without getting any satisfaction.

An expensive 'non event'

Tesco need to get their act together.

I will be looking for another credit card provider.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    I needed to contact the helpline service to get authorisation to pay for a longhaul flight. I phoned the premium helpline number and waited 15 minutes without being answered. I lost the flight and now have to pay more to rebook and I will be paying the premium phone line price without getting any satisfaction.

An expensive 'non event'

Tesco need to get their act together.

I will be looking for another credit card provider.
    Hey there, really sorry to hear this and I completely appreciate your frustration. On occasion, we may ask to you authenticate a purchase via the mobile app or by sending you an SMS. However, if we don't have up to date contact details for you we may need you to call for this.

Wait times to reach our customer service team are higher than usual at the moment as our contact centre has been impacted by COVID-19, and as a result some of our services are closed from 5pm until 8am. Our numbers are charged at a local rate, and may be included in your call package but you'd need to check with your network provider for clarification on that.

If you'd like to raise a complaint about this experience you can do so here.
    Fresh Eyes
    HI. I just wanted to add that I'm really fed up with Tesco and phones too. Because you've removed the ability to contact you via e mail or an online message as you used to, I have to call with the slightest little query. This is blocking up your lines and costing me a lot of money - at the very least your calls should be free (they are to your Clubcard section!) I've hung on and hung on today and can't get through, just for a small but worrying query which I could easily type in and wait for an answer to. You coped so well all the way through the last 2 years of pandemic - but now, Tesco, you're falling to pieces in so many ways, but anything to do with online services, shopping and banking. I'm going to have to go elsewhere too. You're not useable any more.