Drive and Reward App Crash

HI there, I have been using the drive and reward app in the run up to getting my insurance quote from Tesco. So far my experiance has been good but I have a couple of questions and have experienced a very annoying app crash. With the exception of one short journey I have had all green journeys. However last night I loaded the app and hit start recording, the app froze but because of time I decided to leave it and just proceed with my journey. Half way through my trip whilst travelling on the motorway the app suddenly began to work again as normal (all whilst in my car cradle without me controlling it in any way.). The app then gave me an amber rating for the journey despite my careful driving. The route displayed in the app shows the journey starting on the motorway (when the app began functioning again) and I believe this is why I have been given an amber warning. How do I get this trip removed from the record as I believe it has negativly effected my final score for the 250 miles (fustrating as I don't believe it's in any way to do with my driving.) Also does the final score given after 250 miles continue to improve if you continue to use the app? In my opinion this would be a good incentive to continue using the app after the 250 mniles.
  • 1 Reply

Hi bencordy,

Welcome to The Community and thanks for your feedback on our Drive + Reward app.

Sorry to hear that the app froze and didn't record your full journey. Whilst the app has missed a proportion of your journey, we only score your journey based on the information we managed to record. The app starting part way in, would not affect the rating in this instance. We will look at your overall driving over 250 miles therefore two amber ratings will only make up a small part of your final score.

Currently your final driving score doesn't update after 250 miles, however our team are always looking for ways to improve the app, so I have passed your suggestion to them.

Thanks
    Heather