Question about paying credit card wrong

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I purchased some currency from post office travel money with my Tesco credit card, wasn’t able to receive it (branch was closed) and after a bunch of hoops they agreed to a refund, they asked for the account number and sort code and I gave them the details on the bottom of my statement thinking that corresponded to my credit card. Now the post office is saying it has been processed and Tesco bank are saying that’s not possible and it will be bounced back

does anyone know what happens to that money? And what I should do next? The post office are unwilling to do anything until their payment is returned

thanks
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! The account details required to make a Faster Payment from a UK bank to your card are as follows;

Sort Code - 40-64-15
    Account Number - 31310006
    Reference Number - 16 digit Tesco Bank credit card number

If the payment was sent to a different account, or without the correct reference number, the funds will be returned to the sender within 24 hours. Once the funds have been returned to the Post Office please provide them with the details above and the funds will be sent to your account. Hope this helps.