Changing old phone number impossibl. Bye Bye tesco.

Fresh Eyes
    Tried signing up for this Clubcardpay plus account but it decides to force you to log in to old accounts but when you can't login via a website because you have an old phone number registered and it wants to send you a security code but you can on the App, but can't change personal details on there even though you can transfer whole account onto another phone and trying to phone customer services is a waste of time as you can't get through. You can't even delete the old account because it says you have to login online and not the App.

Can you please tell me what is the piont in the Banking App when it's only good for viewing balances and why have a customer service phone line and department that doesn't answer the phone in a reasonable amount of time and i don't mean an hour plus?
  • 2 Replies

Eagle eye
    The clubcard pay + thing is a waste of time anyway, so you've dodged a bullet by not being able to sign up
    Your Community Expert
    Tried signing up for this Clubcardpay plus account but it decides to force you to log in to old accounts but when you can't login via a website because you have an old phone number registered and it wants to send you a security code but you can on the App, but can't change personal details on there even though you can transfer whole account onto another phone and trying to phone customer services is a waste of time as you can't get through. You can't even delete the old account because it says you have to login online and not the App.

Can you please tell me what is the piont in the Banking App when it's only good for viewing balances and why have a customer service phone line and department that doesn't answer the phone in a reasonable amount of time and i don't mean an hour plus?
    Hey, thanks for getting in touch. If you give our Online Helpdesk a call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) they can update your number for you so you can log in straight away.

If you're not in a hurry to access your account, I can send you a Temporary Security Number in the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days. Once logged in you can update your phone number, I've included a link below with details on how to do this. Just let me know if you'd prefer this option - Chris

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/O...nline/ta-p/126