Unable to purchase online goods

Fresh Eyes
    I have had my Tesco credit card for some time now and last year I purchased goods online. Recently I tried to purchase goods but the card was unable to verify. Please assist. I do have the app and online account
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Former Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Hey @SlessAFC, thanks for getting in touch. I believe this could be due to Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) which is a new set of regulations around confirming your identity when you pay for something online. Giving you greater protection when accessing your accounts online or via the Mobile App, paying for things online or using contactless payments. When you pay for something online we may ask you to authenticate the payment to check it’s really you. If you have our Mobile Banking App we will send you a push notification asking you to authenticate the payment. If you don’t have our Mobile Banking App we will send a one-time passcode to your mobile or home number to authenticate the payment. I hope this helps!
    Staff
    @SlessAFC Something may be blocked on the card itself. Please give our Credit Cards team a call on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they will assist further. However, our Customer Service Centre has been impacted by COVID 19 and as a result, some of our services are closed from 5pm until 8am. I hope this helps.