Shambolic credit card support and shocking customer service

Fresh Eyes
    Has anyone any thoughts to help me make progress with this? New Tesco Credit card. Did the online registration OK. Left things a few days. Tried to buy online using the card - Payment Declined. Tried a second, separate, purchase - Payment Declined.

Phoned customer services on Sunday afternoon. 40 minute hold then told that I needed the Investigation Team which would be open from 8am on Monday morning. Phoned shorty after 8am. Not too long a hold - but then, after another hold, told that there was no one available to take the call - as there were few staff. Advised that I could have a Call Back (which I agreed to) and that I could try again after 9am when there would be more staff. So I did - phoning around 9.15am. Not too long a hold - but then told that there was no one available to take the call - but that I could ask for a Call Back - which I again agreed to.

I'm still waiting for that call Back I should say that I was told that the Call Back could take up to 5 days.

Today I tried to make an in person purchase at a TESCO store using the credit card. Pin OK - but Payment Declined!
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    Hi @261328, sorry to hear about that! So we can take a closer look, can you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank? You can do so using this link.
    Just looking
    261328 - that's exactly the same experience I had. Still waiting on a call back. It's almost like bait and switch - they want you to have a credit card but they don't want you to use it.