CSV data from CC today on Website missing data

Eagle eye
    Thanks for your messages everyone, we're aware of the issue and as @RossM says, we will update this thread when we have an update.
    @unwina if you'd like me to raise a complaint for you, please click here to send us a private message.

Hi @JoeC and @RossM I just wanted to register with Tesco that this is over a week old now so I am just marking this as my starting point and we are 8 days in. I'm hoping that Tesco is able to fix this within the requisite 8 weeks of notification. If not I can go to the relevant banking ombudsman and report having already given Tesco a chance to fix it. To be honest if this cannot be fixed in that timescale - especially since it was ok 8 days ago - and now its broken then the ombudsman should know about these issues as soon as possible. Of course if Tesco has made a decision to not provide these tools anymore then it would be helpful to know this too.

I guess the biggest issue for me is the inability to easily keep track of what I owe and what i have paid for is more important that anything as the last thing i want is making over payments when i don't need to. Anyway I just wanted to register this thread as the starting point for the 8 week clock.

I'll leave it there for the moment. If you want to pass my comments on to higher levels then that's ok by me. I'm happy for the moment thanks.
    Last edited by unwina; 01-04-22 at 16:08. Reason: Spelling change
    On the look out
    I have the same problem. Nothing after Posting Date 26/03/2022 downloads.
    Fresh Eyes
    I too have this issue and have reported it. (All 3 formats cannot be accessed, CSV, TSV and QIF)

Is anyone else unable to download transactions since last statement on their credit card (online banking on PC). When I click the link it just tells me the page cannot be found. It is the same for all 3 formats (tsv, csv and qif). I can download the transactions from my last statement but not the ones since.

The adviser I reported it to on 31 March was unaware of the issue even though it was first reported here on 22nd March. She told me I should hear something within 72 working hours (how long is that?).

Surely Tesco should have been able to fix this issue (page cannot be found) by now, its been 2 weeks since it was reported here.
    NOT good enough
    Eagle eye
    @Maureend

@JoeC, @RossM

It would be nice to be updated at all but it is what it is. I guess they keep this here and no one knows what is happening in the wider world but for me this kind of issue always makes one worry if a company is up to the job with these types of gaffs assuming they are not designed out of the system on purpose. Worse than this begs the question what other things are lurking that these people miss under the hood (It's the main reason i keep such close tabs on all places where my money is being stored).

I can download the files but sadly there is still no change in the data that is being downloaded as described previously. I checked all 3 again yesterday (I only have tools that work with csv) to check what state its in and it has not changed since it was first reported the others i just looked at the first few lines in a simple text editor. It seems that Tesco developers perhaps do not know what they are doing or worse the systems have been trashed in some way and its taking time to unpick what caused it. Worse the people helping here should easily be connected to the developer teams and to be honest should bee able to come back in days not weeks with a prognosis.

As an ex developer in a previous life when tools were more basic and things were easier to work with we never ever allowed something to be released into live environments without thorough testing but I guess times have changed with more on the hoof updating these days. I'm sort of assuming that it will no longer be available for the moment and have moved onto changing my spread sheets to use a simple scrape from the visible screens - way more cumbersome but at least i can manage it again with other web tools until they fix this if they do.
    On the look out
    It's still not working. It is now 11 days without resolution. This is unacceptable. As a retired developer/debugger/fixer I am incredulous that TESCO is not bothered about addressing this serious problem.
    Eagle eye
    It's still not working. It is now 11 days without resolution. This is unacceptable. As a retired developer/debugger/fixer I am incredulous that TESCO is not bothered about addressing this serious problem.

I couldn't agree more but from what I can tell Tesco's is not interested - they will be when the 8 weeks target has arrive as I for one will definitely be engaging with both the CEO and the FCA. Hopefully others will be too.
    On the look out
    I do love your new login splash screen advocation "It is important that you keep your personal details up to date".

May I suggest that it is important that you keep your applications up to date and ensure that they work instead of spending time telling us what to do?
    Eagle eye
    Hi @JoeC and @RossM,

Just wondering if there is an update on the missing data from around 24th mar in the "Since your last statement - I am working round the issues at present by screen scraping and building my excel spreads accordingly but there are some really funny things in addition to items that move from the pending to the SYLS screen.

Over hte4 last few days there seems to be some items that were in the Pending are then removed from pending to not appear in the SYLS and also there appears to be a delay in items that have been moved to since your last statement but are still stuck in the Pending screen. I can work with this as it may delays in the payees systems but its a bit odd where items that were in the Pensing are removed but don't appear in the SYLS screen.

For the record my attempts to get a good SYLS screen are still being plagued by the missing data in all three download options at present stalled around the 24/3.

Screen scraping the current on screen pages is working but it is way more time consuming especially when there are > 10 items in the pending screen. My main issue here is that the onscreen available credit shows that its the same as my credit limit but i suspect this is not fully taking into account the pending transactions. In fact from my spreadsheet i can see that i do not owe anything but the onscreen box say -£6. From my collation of all my payments and my transactions I know that value to be only relative to the SYLS screen.

In addition to this i noticed a week ago when i was trying to ensure that i was paying my gas bills up to the recent changeovers at the start of the April period i had in fact overpaid my account by quite a bit but the figure onscreen seemed to take that as a minus value making me think i still owed money but in fact i didn't.

Anyway if we might have some form of update if only that Tesco still has not been able to determine when this might be fixed but to be honest no comments on what is happening is indicating this anyway which is a bit worrying for such an important function.

Sorry to be quite critical but to be honest for such a big organisation as Tesco ought to be able to do this stuff better than it currently looks like it is.
    On the look out
    How can this be escalated?
    The problem has gone on for too long and it's beginning to appear that this is yet another problem that TESCO doesn't really care about.
    TESCO, you have customers, users to whom you are meant to give service.

EVERY LITTLE HELPS.

Your help in resolving this very large problem would be a LARGE HELP.
    Eagle eye
    How can this be escalated?
    The problem has gone on for too long and it's beginning to appear that this is yet another problem that TESCO doesn't really care about.
    TESCO, you have customers, users to whom you are meant to give service.

EVERY LITTLE HELPS.

Your help in resolving this very large problem would be a LARGE HELP.

Try googleling "Tescos CEO" his name is/was Ken Murphy if the CEO's site is still correct, I won't bother putting more info here as it will probably be censored but if i thought it might help I'd actually send him an email - in most cases it can be best to do this on weekends when he may be reading emails and also having a specifically catching subject title can work to gain their attention.

I personally am working with it at present using excel etc but have registered my marker point with a previous message so that when the 8 weeks is up i'll just poke the regulator's and see what they do. If enough people were to do this and the regs see fit to take it forward then it will cost Tesco quite a bit of money to deal with a regulator based intervention. It's free to us mere mortals as the cost is born by the company being regulated.

As I say previously I am biding my time, however, i would add that sometimes the CEO route can be lucrative too. Thing is though I'm not that sure that there is a culture inside these companies of late. How much time does it take to find out what this issue is, when is it planned to be addressed or fixed etc. It's just managing things in a better way but hey it is what it is i guess. I'm not sure it will be fixed anytime soon though as looking over this platform of issues have been up a down like a yoyo and there seems also to be quite a bit of confusion in whats staying and what's going.

Not sure that helps though