When are Clubcard points added after a credit card purchase?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Does anyone know when Clubcard points are added to the account? Is it at the point of purchase or when the purchase shows on the credit card statement? I've made a purchase that I'm now able to pay off but it's not showing in the statement yet. Is it worth waiting until it shows on the statement to get the points or should they already be applied?

I couldn't find the answer in the FAQs or on my credit card statement so any advice would be appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

Staff
    Hi @Mikesa, thanks for getting in touch. When you spend on your credit card in a Tesco store, you get 5 points for every £4 spent in Tesco. When you use your card outside of a Tesco store, you gain 1 point for every £8 spent. The points would then be applied on the quarterly Clubcard statements we send out, and this is separate from your credit card statement.

You can also register to view your Clubcard account online via the link below. The Clubcard number to register is shown on the reverse of your credit card. If you've not received your Clubcard points, please contact our Clubcard team on 0330 123 1688 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 6pm, Sun: Closed) and they'll be able to investigate this further. I hope this helps!

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/register-my-account/