Use number on credit card not separate card to claim

Fresh Eyes
    I have a clubcard number on the back of my credit card. Recently failed to work when downloading vouchers to pay for a meal (not for the first time). 1 hr later support line got me my vouchers, told me that I had done everything correctly but that it wasn't shown as active. Said they would sort it. I have just received a new club card in to post, which I didn't ask for and has a different club card number. I'm told I need to use that when getting vouchers. Why do I have to carry another card around (wallet is already bulging) and not use the club card number on the back of my credit card. Just sort the original problem, not create a further complication?
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    Hey @DJV, I appreciate that that isn't ideal. Clubcard queries are dealt with by the Clubcard team, so please give them another call on 0330 123 1688 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 6pm, Sun: Closed), or contact the main Tesco pages on Facebook or Twitter.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi,

Yup, have rung them (again). I'm told that the number from the back of the credit card will now work (which is what I was told previously). We shall see!

Cheers,
    DJV